This cell is used to measure the magnitude and rate of consolidation of saturated cohesive soils using
continuous controlled strain axial compression. The specimen is restrained laterally and drained axially to one surface. The axial force and base excess pressure are measured during the deformation process.
Controlled strain compression is typically referred to constant rate of strain (CRS) testing.
The test is performed using Constant Rate od Strain cell and other equipment including
Triaxial frame, Pressure system, Data acquisition and processing system and other accessories.
It can be use in a standard system with manual control ( automatic or manual acqusition) or in a automatic control and data acqusition using a dedicated activation code.
Three different different model are available:
- Constant rate of Strain (CRS) suitable for external load cell
- Constant rate of Strain (CRS) suitable for submersible load cell
- Adapter for triaxial cell model 28-WF4070
- Continuous monitoring of test parameters (axial load, pore pressure, axial compression) and detailed plotting of the consolidation curve
- Max working pressure 3500 kPa
- Relatively short time to perform consolidation test
- Particularly suitable for cohesive saturated soils
- Using with standard system with manual control or using dedicated activation code with automatic control and data acquisition.